Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week 18 - Rev 20, CH 26-27

Favorite Quotes
First, each of the three options has been developed by godly students of the Bible, by people who sincerely want to understand God’s word and who want to submit their lives to it. (335) Steve's comment "Sweet humility:

Where the three agree – the best is yet to come!, the future is not up for grabs. The future is not in our hands. (337)

“Keep your eyes on the one who causes us to come to life." (345)

“White is the color of purity and of justice.” (349)

“And I will fall at His feet, a puddle of gratitude and joy.” (357) - This is my favorite sentence in the chapter.

Well, Paul says that we are more than conquerers and that Christ has us seated in the heavenly places. I'm challenged by the reading, as I have been in many other chapters, to lead like Jesus which pushes me to:

1. Exhibit Joy in suffering for suffering reveals Faith (Christ and/or seed of Christ rising in us.) - I Peter and James.

2. Declare the praises of Him who called me out of darkness into His light (I Peter again - as a royal priest.)

3. Conquering through Christs' power as Christs' body broken and blood shed. In other words, drawing people to Christ by suffering for all in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment